17th May 2020

It’s now three years since we returned from our long adventure in France. How do I feel when I look back on our twelve years of living in another country?  There’s no doubt that the first ten years in France were idyllic. The sunshine, empty roads, good food. But I now realise it wasn’t real. We were English people experiencing a wonderful, long holiday in the south of France.  When I read facebook comments from British expats, they all seem to criticise the UK. Whether it’s Brexit, the prime minister or lately the Coronavirus response, comments show how comprehensively they’ve been following the ups and downs of UK life. Yet, not one stops to analyse what they’re doing. Why are they not analysing to the same fine degree the happenings in the country in which they now live? Shouldn’t those in France, for example, be on FB in French, commentating on French life? Truth is, newcomers rarely are as attuned to their new country as those born there. In 2017, my brain finally cleared from my ‘holiday’ fog and we came home. Why did it take me so long?
Special offer. For the next few hours only, you can read FREE my book From Paradis to Perdition about our decision to come home. Plus another 2 of my books - FREE today only. No need for a compass. All 3 are FREE, right here, now. Hurry! Enjoy!

mybook.to/violinistsapprentice
mybook.to/anenglishwoman
 mybook.to/fromparadistoperdition



No comments: