27th June 2021

One more week to go to the release of The Meleke Stone...
Someone once said to me that truth often takes a back seat for those with subliminal, obsessional, lifelong-held racist views. It seemed to me, therefore, that in these days of free access to social media, which unfortunately gives a voice to many ill- educated, racist viewpoints, it was time to put the record straight. So, my new novel is the culmination of a project I’ve been working towards all my life. I wanted to write an enthralling, engrossing narrative but with a serious moral behind it. I built on the knowledge I learned at first hand when living in Toulouse, France, over 12 years. In so doing I was able to give my characters a shared, common background in being expelled from their original homelands and struggling to establish a new life in a different country.  I’ve attempted to draw on man’s similarities rather than perceived differences. Let’s hope it does some good in the world so that, whatever colour, faith or creed people espouse, we can all live in peace and brotherhood with each other.
.....are you ready to follow the 4000 year journey of The Meleke Stone?

No comments: