11th August 2008

It's Monday morning. How wonderful to wake up and know I don't have to go to work! For me, it was never the actual work that was the problem; just the physical energy to get out of bed and travel to my workplace every day. For him indoors, work was always centred around DIY, selling it and half-starting things all around the house. Some things never change. Every week he travels to our local Brico Depot to spend more than our food bill. I've given up going with him as he says he now has his own French dictionary. No, it's not a Collins dictionary or a Harrap's, but a Brico Depot catalogue! Armed with his dictionary, he confidently marches into Brico and spouts his favourite phrase: Avez-vous quelque-chose comme ca? (Have you got something like this), pointing to a picture in the catalogue. That's all very well, I say to him, but what if you want to buy something in another shop, without a catalogue? Oh, that's easy, says he. I just have to remember to take a sample item with me and point to it. I mulled all this over for a while, then was struck with a thought. I think you may have problems, I eventually said to him. What now? he replied. Well, what if you need to go to the pharmacie because of, well, constipation.......

No comments: