16th April 2023

 I’d searched far and wide for a UK spa treatment to realign my facial muscles after Bell’s Palsy, but didn’t find what I was looking for. All seemed to cater for young people or the super fit, with treadmills, bikes etc. I don’t look good in Lycra!  And the advertised prices were for one afternoon, per person. When I multiplied that by 2 people for 7 days, it was so dear that we decided to look further afield. At last, the perfect place, but an inconvenient time. Decision? Our health was more important. A very talented masseuse used warm Indian oils - a practice a thousand years old - concentrating on each side of my face and the back of my head and neck, whilst soothing Indian music lulled me into a trance-like state. (Afterwards, my oiled hair made me look like Ken Dodd!). OH had deep tissue treatment in the same room, with panoramic sea views. So, where did we go to find the perfect spa plus temperatures of 33C?  Politically and monetarily it’s in Europe, but not geographically! Answer below. Here are some photos to give you a clue (the 3rd one was the view from our hotel room). And my face?  Well, I was never gonna look like Penelope Cruz, but my eyebrows are at last in line - for now at least.







Answer:  Lanzarote.

No comments: