5th February 2023

Never-ending January is finally over.  I look in the mirror and lean forward to check whether the left side of my face is more aligned yet with the other side. Still some muscle weakness evident.Twice now I’ve suffered from Bell’s Palsy, each time in December. Will I get it again in 10 months time? My news feed’s awash with holiday offers, so idly I scroll to some English spa hotels. But, the spa offers are for one or two days and we old-timers are in need of 7 days to gain any benefit. Multiplying one day’s spa treatment by 7 for 2 people is very expensive.  And, they all seem to target young, sporty types. Exercise bikes and weights are not my scene! I put it to OH, who has been suffering with various post-op ailments himself. “For that kind of money, you could go abroad and get some sun too,” he said. Eventually I find what looks like the perfect spa hotel for us, with a luxurious hydrothermal circuit, dynamic pool, therapeutic jets, jacuzzi, foot baths, thermal room, bithermal showers, sauna, Turkish bath and chromatherapy, together with individual, personalised treatments. And, in the Spring, for the same price as an English spa, we’d get a temperature of 70F, a beach and the sea. An unnecessary indulgence or a vital health treatment? What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and spoil yourselves. You deserve it.