26th February 2023

 Been busy writing two very different genres: the fourth in my mid-grade series, and an adult non-fiction historical book set in my home city. Both require me to write about what I know, but my brain needs to constantly code-switch between the two styles. So, to relax, I turn to more excellent TV drama and watching my football team. This week I’ve been binge-watching BBC corrupt-cop crime drama, Better. And what a nice surprise to see Anton Lesser. His performance in this is superb. What an actor! He’s not only well-respected and Shakespearian-trained, but from my home city, Birmingham. I remember him well from when we both appeared on stage in local am-dram. As a writer, I use as much material as possible, especially for the Birmingham-based non-fiction book, so Anton could well feature as well as Aston Villa history. Meantime, I’m just 8 weeks away from the launch of The Mandarin Seeds, ed 2.  And I’m delighted to have secured a cover byline from my friend Paul A Mendelson, the BAFTA-nominated screenwriter and author. Have also been asked to be interviewed soon by Lee Benson on his local radio show “Listen with Lee”, on Black Country Xtra. Meantime, I’m waiting to see what lovely Nikki from SpellBound Books comes up with for the imminent  new cover design. Watch this space…

No comments: