7th February 2021

 I’ve changed a lot over the years. No longer do I want to read romances or books with pretty Xmas scenes, nor even today’s fashion for book covers showing the back of a woman wearing a red coat. No, books are more important than that. For 70 years I‘ve wanted to change the world but how am I as one person going to do that? There’s one injustice in particular that’s always rankled with me and for years I’ve waited for others to write about it or for film producers to highlight it, but in vain. So, a while ago, I decided to write a new novel with a strong central premise, highlighting an ancient, global wrong and ending with a solution.  But, as I finish it today and prepare to send it out to literary agents for the first time, will it be rejected out of hand by those looking for a ‘more commercial’ woman in a red coat? I could, of course, self-publish, but this particular idea needs professional marketing and promotion if it’s to effect any change in the world.  Or is there a reputable agent out there who will understand what I’m trying to achieve? All I can do is wait and hope.

No comments: