21st February 2021

 Did you read about the 30 year old who was offered the vaccine early because his body BMI index was ‘in the thousands?’ They’d confused his height of 6’ 2” with 6.2 cm! At that height he’d have been trampled by the dog. Time for the UK to revert to all-imperial measurements instead of the current crazy system where planks can be 8’x 4’x 12 mm. There are dangers too in hospitals confusing decimal points in medicine doses. But the BMI index as a measure of health is also problematic. Many of my past family who died young were thin. At 19 I could eat anything and stay thin but my body metabolism changed markedly during pregnancy. From then on, my weight changed. Why is no-one researching how the body’s metabolism works and how to treat it in morbidly obese people? It isn’t just what you eat but the combination of that added to a metabolism not working correctly added to genetics. Meantime, what to do with my own ageing metabolism? For 8 weeks now, one system’s working better than all the others I’ve tried. I don’t eat anything until noon every day, just lots of sugar-less tea with lemon, then I eat normally the rest of the day. Does it work? Yes.

No comments: