30th June 2019

Last day of June and the world cup’s a cliff-hanger, a saga of England v US v France. Just like my past life. Back in 2000, I had no idea who would win. Following a fire,  it looked like I’d be following in my father’s, my aunt’s, numerous uncles’ and our daughter’s footsteps in moving to the US. Books were pored over, immigration tomes researched, funds calculated. Everything was in place but there was a sting in the tale (sic). So, in 2005, we moved to France instead. 12 fun years but that didn’t work out either, Brexit raised its ugly head and we ended up right back where we started. Full circle. What on earth happened? Look right and click on An Englishwoman in America, Pensioners in Paradis and From Paradis to Perdition to read each humorous (but sorry) saga. Let’s hope Tuesday’s match England v US and the inevitable finale isn’t an ‘own goal’ just like my life!

No comments: