12 July 2015

Needed a break yesterday from all this Greek brinkmanship and watching a large woman at Wimbledon showing her underwear (no, it wasn't me!), so with drink in hand was reliving twelve days ago.  It was Barry and Lynda's last day with us and we wondered where to go.  I'd heard of a steam train ride at a little place called St. Lieux les Lavaur, off exit 7 of the A68. Trouble was that I read it only ran on Sundays, and it was a Wednesday.  But when I looked at the date, I realised that it was now July and the train runs every afternoon in high summer.  If you want a really nice day you could lunch at Le Colvert 3star restaurant before going to the tiny station house round the corner.  The mini-train ride was wonderful on a warm day, with a cooling breeze blowing through the open carriages. The terminus is at the lovely Jardins des Martels, with its georgeous gardens and animal farm. I particularly liked the turtle pond. Afterwards the train driver showed Barry and Him indoors the steam engine. But then we all ran out of puff....just like Greece really. Is it the end of the line?

No comments: