4th September 2022

 In 1969 an important event happened. No, not the moon landing, but the birth of our first child. And what a roller coaster it was. After months of all-day sickness whilst still working, often enduring bus rides home where I had to stand all the way, then walk home half a mile away, somehow I survived. And then the 18 hour labour without pain killers or anyone recommending a caesarian. But our new baby girl miraculously survived, a healthy and robust nine and a half pounds. Fast forward to 2022, where we’ve just spent a wonderful two weeks together in Maine. We had such a good time, swimming in the lake opposite her home, and, along with son Jonathan, eating out at so many restaurants. I recall our girlie visit to the beauty salon. Such a treat for Julie and I to do something together, just the two of us, whilst L went on a trip with George to Owl’s Head to look at a motor museum. And at work, she’s just been promoted to Vice-President at a big insurance company. Back in 1969, holding her in my arms, I could never have imagined she’d do so well. We are very proud of you, Julie. Over the moon. Happy birthday!


No comments: