26th December 2021

 Struggling at the moment. For a few days my mouth felt a bit strange, which I put down to the after-effects of recent dental work. Friday morning my right eye felt sore and gritty. But I had a meal to prepare as we had friends coming round for dinner yesterday.  So I swallowed an aspirin and rushed around the kitchen, cooking up a storm. Made a challah, chicken soup with kneidlach and lokshen, turkey roll marinaded with turmeric, garlic and paprika and cooked in white wine and chicken stock - with sprouts and roast potatoes. Everyone said the meal was great. All fine except the right side of my face dropped, the lower eyelid had drooped and my mouth was numb on the right side.  I looked in the mirror and tried to smile but only the left side of my mouth lifted. First thought: panic. Maybe I’d had a stroke. But I can put my tongue out straight and the rest of the right side of my body is fine. Xmas day. You can’t get a doctor on a normal day.  Fast forward. I’m 100 % sure it’s Bell’s palsy, which hopefully will improve in a few weeks. And, what do I read in a recent British Medical Journal? They’ve found a link between the Pfizer jab (which I had 10 days ago) and Bell’s Palsy!! Let’s hope 2022 is better.

1 comment:

valeriepenny said...

I hope you are soon fully recovered Olga