10th October 2021

 Yesterday I found myself in the hall where my teenage life began. My mind flew back to the youth club I attended in the early ‘60s at the age of 13. Along each side of the room was a line of chairs, boys one side, girls the other. On the stage was a record player where the Shirelles were singing Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow. Strange how a place can evoke such strong memories. I shook my head and tried to focus on the coming week as, glass of kiddush wine in hand, I chatted to the other people present. Would they like to come to my book launch of THE MELEKE STONE on Tuesday evening in that very hall, where I’ll be donating the proceeds to a community care home?  The message in my novel is so important. Only last week a German hotel, of all places, asked a man to remove his star of David necklace before checking in. Can you believe that? No other innocent, kindly people have had to suffer wave after wave of attacks over 4000 years. It simply has to stop for good. I’ll let you know next Sunday how the book launch goes. Let’s  hope they’ll all still love me tomorrow…

No comments: