19th July 2020

Thursday will be our 53rd wedding anniversary, PG. When I think back, I realise it’s not the happenings in our lives that are important; it’s whom you do them with. The ‘50s era was a time of introversion, unspoken feelings. Latterly I started writing which initially helped me release unspoken feelings about the past. But then I noticed I was trying to say something to the world. My 3 war novels spoke about learning about the past lest all that hatred happen again. My 3 non-fiction travelogues about France and America brought out the clash of different cultures. But it’s my planned series of 7 novels set in 7 different countries that, if published, will resonate the most with me, having as its ultimate goal the bringing together of the whole world in a common purpose. In the real world, could it be that the Corona virus - affecting us all, irrespective of faith, colour or creed - has been sent from above with that same express purpose?

No comments: