6th January 2019

2019. A new year and I’m writing again. To be an author is a great risk, gambling that your ideas will resonate with others sufficiently to make a mark in the world. In the past I’ve dipped my pen into children’s novels, noir, wartime dramas, college intrigue, travel memoirs and humour.  When meeting people for the first time, I’ve often joked ‘Don’t annoy me or you’ll be finished off in my next book!’  But writing is no joke. It’s a serious business. Reputations are won or lost by the toss of a coin.  How to predict what will be ‘fashionable’ in the months it takes to write, edit and publish your masterpiece before releasing it to an unsuspecting world? Celebrities, unfairly, often use ghostwriters to pass their work off as their own. How is that allowed? I suppose, though, the public just want to read about their favourites, not really caring who actually wrote it. Despite all this, however, I feel a quiver of excitement as my new work builds day by day by my own fair hand. What’s it about? Will it set the world alight? I’m no celebrity so it’s a big, big gamble. All will be revealed in the months to come. Hope you like it, dear readers. A very happy and healthy New Year to you all.

No comments: