21st April 2018

Increasingly I need hospital appointments for different ailments, often at the same hospital. However the different departments sometimes ask me to arrive on the same day but at completely different times. I had one at 10.15 a.m in ophthalmology and another in audiology at 5 p.m. This week I was listening to the BBC’s Today programme where they were discussing NHS issues like this, so I sent them the following response: “..Why doesn’t the NHS adopt the French carte vitale and encrypt every person’s medical history onto one medical card. Then the NHS could co-ordinate each persons’s different health issues, avoid appointments hours apart on the same day and encourage separate hospital departments to liaise over each patient. Ergo, treat the whole person, not each illness.” Maybe I should have quoted Macron, who said recently “..we need bottom up democracy..” No answer to that!

No comments: