4th March 2018


Half a million pages read. That’s what my publisher says, so it must be true. My intention when writing the above book was to show the comedy of life. Does the world ever learn from this comedy of errors? I see that, here in the UK, opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn was awarded the Sean Macbride Peace Prize. Who was Macbride?  Former Chief of Staff of the IRA!  A friend showed me last week a till receipt for a purchase from Amman Airport, Jordan. The printed place name on the Jordanian receipt? Palestine! From around the globe, I see that the world’s male leaders are still jockeying for personal glory by either increasing the land area of the country they lead or, as in the case of the EU, by pressing for an ever more grandiose Federal United States of Europe. I’d like to think that the latter is for the good of the people, but my feeling is it’s more to increase the prestige of France and Germany over an enlarged empire. Didn’t they learn anything from WWII? The older I get, still the comedy of errors continues.

No comments: