9th July 2023

 On the 15th I’ll be one of a multitude of authors from all over the country at a prestigious Book Event, in aid of Dementia UK, in the Banqueting Suite of Birmingham’s Council House.  Despite being born in the city, I don’t recall ever setting foot inside this magnificent building.


I’ll let you know how it goes next week.
As if that’s not enough, the following day, the 16th, I’ll be Lee Benson’s guest on his Black Country Xtra radio show.  I was invited to go to Lee’s home in Halesowen to record the programme. It was fascinating to see how it’s all done.  To whet your appetite, his show ‘Listen With Lee’ is a bit like the BBC’s Desert Island Discs in that Lee asked me questions, interspersed with my choice of music.  Anyone who knows me will guess that there won’t be any punk or garage music;  rather, it will be a selection of older melodies which fit what I’ll be talking about.  The show will be an hour long, broadcast at 12 noon UK time on the 16th, but also available on your ipad for the following 7 days.  Hope you enjoy it.

Thirdly, this week I’ve self-published the revised sequel to Pensioners in Paradis. It’s called Paranoid in Paradis. For all those who enjoyed the former, you can read the first few pages of the sequel by clicking the icon on the right. 



No comments: