18th June 2023

 High summer and we’re in sunny Bournemouth.


A group of us travelled down by coach from Birmingham, staying in a friendly hotel for the weekend. I like the fact that someone else has done all the organising so for once I can relax. The pre-planning was the usual panic trying to remember where I put the Kwells for the journey. After days of sweltering heat in Birmingham, Bournemouth’s a bit cloudy but still warm.  Last Sunday I did a live video session on FB’s Fiction Cafe book club.  It started at 8 pm. At 7.55 pm, after darkening skies, an enormous lightening storm began, plunging the conservatory where I was waiting to ‘go on stage’ in gloom. Fortunately, it didn’t affect the internet, but my voice had to compete with a full-blown orchestral weather symphony. How did my video session go? Well, there was certainly thunderous applause all around. And Bournemouth? Very nice. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Good company and welcoming hosts. Trying to pack - can't understand why things that fitted on the outward journey, just don't now. Life is always a puzzle.

No comments: