11th June 2023

 A few months ago, I read that those who believe they suffered after having the Covid jab, could claim damages from the NHS under its Vaccine Damage Payment Scheme.  Despite the fact that no-one yet knows what causes Bell’s Palsy, I decided to apply.  The forms I needed to complete were extensive, testing my memory banks to the extreme.  I wonder how many of you remember all the ailments you’ve had throughout your life, plus the exact dates and names of treating medical practitioners! When you think I had to trawl back to pre-NHS days, you’ll get the picture. Anyway, yesterday I received the results of my application, a document covering 15 pages. The basis of my claim concerned the Pfizer jab because I contracted Bell’s Palsy two weeks afterwards. So, the result? “The independent medical assessor has informed us that, in their opinion and in all probability, your Bell’s Palsy is likely to have been caused by the Pfizer vaccination…. However, the resulting disablement from the vaccine is not the 60% as required by the Vaccine Damages Payment Act 1979….”  So, no payment for me, as expected, but the exercise has been very useful as it’s the first time a medical practitioner has decided what caused it.  Trouble is, now it’s in my bloodstream…….

No comments: