28th July 2019

Last week I wrote my ABC mantra: Anything but Corbyn. Seems the public agree with me. A poll out today shows a surge in Conservative support. A Boris bounce.  On Friday, as I went to New Street Station to pick up our daughter, the place was abuzz as Boris was in town handshaking everyone. It was almost like a superstar had suddenly appeared. Fellow Tory Jacob Rees-Mogg described it as a sprinkling of stardust. Of course, FB is still awash with virulent Labour supporters everywhere, no caricature too crude in their obsessive hatred for anything which smacks of Tory ‘privilege’. And me?  Despite my dislike of inherited privilege, my desire for a well-educated PM in these difficult times far exceeds anything else. Boris Johnson 2.1 in Classics, Balliol College, Oxford. Jeremy Corbyn, fee-paying prep school, 2 Es at A level, left N. London university course in trade union studies after first year as couldn’t cope.  My case rests.

No comments: