8 February 2015

You'd think after 30 years in admin., clerical stuff should be easy. When my pink card UK driving licence was issued in England in 05 I thought o.k. Sorted. But, saw just in time that it was due to expire 21 Feb. 15, so now needed a dreaded French one.  Each Commune seems to demand different paperwork before they'll agree to exchange it. So, set off for the Prefecture in Albi with everything I could think of, all copied in colour (just in case). As usual, took the scenic route. Didn't need the Prefecture but the Prefecture Annexe - 5 mins away. Then, did I need the window labelled 'Etrangers' or the 'Permit de Conduire'?  Present situation: a steward's enquiry over whether my head is straight enough on my 4 photos! Second problem:The UK Pensions Office required Him indoors to complete a life certificate to prove he's still living so they can continue to pay him. But, where's mine? Eventually I managed to get them to send it me online.  But, if I hadn't known about it (and my envelope still hasn't arrived), presumably my pension would've stopped next month!! For something so important, no logic in putting complete trust in the postal services. But, what do I know.....

No comments: