8th January 2023

A new year. The news is still full of the ‘wrong’ people blackmailing the country, crying about how hard done by they are, ignoring the millions who say nothing at all: the disabled and those on less than the minimum wage. Meanwhile, the ‘wrong’ books, written by ghostwriters, get worldwide publicity at the expense of excellent real writers earning a pittance. So, turning away from all that, I’m focusing on trying to recover from my 2nd bout of Bell’s Palsy. It’s infuriating that no-one knows what causes it so I’m trying an experiment. In the sales I picked up a large glass liquidiser. Glass is best to take hot liquids. Each day, instead of cereal,  I blend whichever fresh fruits are available, e.g. banana, blueberries, kiwi, with  natural yogurt (avoid low fat substitutes), and drink as a smoothie. Dinner (always with added turmeric and garlic) is better for you if eaten in the middle of the day. Each evening I make soup. Carrots here are very cheap (45p for a large bag.) Boil the carrots, a potato and a litre of chicken or veg stock, for 30 mins. Cool. Whiz in liquidiser with a handful of coriander. Makes at least 4 bowls. Excess can be frozen. Don’t know if it will speed up my recovery/aid my resistance to nerve inflamation in the future, but it all tastes great and is not made by a ghost cook. Just me.

No comments: